The Center for Healthcare Delivery Science and Innovation offers a unique competitive award program to help defray the cost of travel and registration fees for trainees (residents, fellows, pharmacy, social work, and others), nurses or other healthcare professionals who wish to present their healthcare delivery science research at a national meeting. All applicants must be affiliated with the University of Chicago or University of Chicago Medicine. Travel Grant recipients are awarded $1000 to offset the cost of registration and poster development. Awardees are acknowledged at the Center for Healthcare Delivery Science & Innovation’s “Quality & Safety Symposium” in the spring.
Applications are reviewed by the Travel Grant Review Committee, a multidisciplinary team made up of HDSI members who take into consideration the rigor and impact of the research, the prominence of the meeting it will be presented at and the recommendation from the mentor.
- Any staff, student or trainee affiliated with University of Chicago or University of Chicago Medicine is eligible to apply for an award.
- Project must be peer reviewed and accepted for a meeting
- No awards will be given for presentations at past meetings.
- Trainees may receive only one travel award during their career at University of Chicago.
- Only complete applications will be considered. Without exception, applications received after 5:00 p.m. on the deadline day will not be reviewed.
Minimum Project Criteria
- Must be a completed project
- Contains a method to judge success of the project through metrics and outcomes
- Ideally innovative in nature.